“Monster” Wins ‘Best Animation for Kids” at Animation Block Party!!

Super excited that my film, “The Search for the Monster of Lake Quannapowitt” won Best Animation for Kids at Animation Block Party 2015! To celebrate, I’ve posted it online and updated my website with a new page for info on the film. Hope you enjoy!

Monster of Quannapowitt at Animation Block Party!

“The Search for the Monster of Lake Quannapowitt” was accepted into the Animation Block Party festival this year!   It’s playing during the Kids Animation session Saturday, August 1st @ 2pm, at the BAMcinématek in Brooklyn. I wish we could go – we’ll be out of the country… but if you make it to the screening, say hi to my mom :)!

“Monster of Lake Quannapowitt” in Athens!

If you happen to be in Athens, Greece next week, check out the international film festival debut of “The Search for the Monster of Lake Quannapowitt”!   Although I won’t be able to make it there in person, I made sure to send a representative :).

Thesis Update: Woo hoo!!

On Wednesday, December 17th, I passed my final thesis review!

Thesis Update: Scenes 48-51

Ok! Finished roughing in the last 10 scenes of the film. Here’s four scenes just before the end of the film, will post up the final six next week. Still have tons of notes on improvements, details to add like splashes & floppy bits (ears, ponytails, etc) and of course the sound needs a good deal of work, but it feels good to have the rough animation for…

Thesis Update: Scenes 43-47

Another quick post with a few updated scenes. Gargantua is really fun to animate, he is so big and meaty. I’ll need to add more splashes and after some feedback from my instructor, I realize that I need to  update  that camera move so that it follows rather than anticipates the action.

Thesis update: Scenes 38-42

Since the summer semester at the Academy of Art University is double-time (with two modules per week rather than one), I am trying to blast through the remainder of my rough animation. There’s a total of 58 scenes in the film (I count it as a scene each time the camera direction changes) and as of now I’m up in the forties, hooray! Here’s…

Spring thesis update!

Just finished up an excellent spring semester.  Through a one-on-one directed study course with animator-extraordinaire Sam Fleming, I managed to knock out the rough animation for scenes 3-37. Incorporated new voiceover material from the multi-talented Alison Potoma as well as from my ever-patient, wonderful husband Nick (who provided the voices for two of the monsters here).     Here’s the latest version of the animatic –…

Dog Monster Transformation

For the past couple weeks I’ve been working on a scene from my thesis, where the dog that’s been swimming around in the lake during the lake monster auditions actually transforms into a monster. I’ve been working on the character animation for my directed study and on the effects for my fx final.  I recorded the super-awesome sound effects to help with the timing….

Thesis Update: Animatic Revision

Another reworking of the animatic! This one’s close, I can feel it. Just a few more changes on the slate that haven’t yet been incorporated: – A title/opening scene aerial view of the town, with the camera slowly moving in – Camera move on bandstand scene, continuing the slow zoom from aerial view – Zoom on Gargantua (the biggest monster) as he walks out…